Gul Bahao has been relentlessly pursuing its research program for the last 22 years. A very useful product, the Chandi Technology has emerged after a monetary input of more than 8 crore rupees!. For the last ten years or so we have been putting up Chandi Ghars in different parts of Pakistan. Mansehra, Muzaffagarh, Thatta, Awaran, Mithi (Tharparkar) as well as in Karachi. All these together number 150 structures including halls, rooms, warehouses etc.
The following results have been obtained:
- They are durable, long lasting, strong against the elements i.e storms, rains, insects etc.
- Cool in summer and warm in winter
- Being essentially plastic in nature, they are clean. They have the following advantages:
- Stunning looks. Its silver exterior glitters like silver or gold, depending upon the colour of light falling on it.
- Highly affordable. Less than half the cost of conventional structures Rs. 400/sq ft.
- Quick to put up. Being prefabricated it takes hardly a day.
- The blocks and panels used in it can be changed into a water reservoir, a bed, table, sofa etc.
We strongly believe the Chandi Technology will become an indispensable part of our lives just like the CNG kits, Mobile Phones, Solar Panels and other modern innovations. However , for the time being we recommend the Chandi Ghar for the following uses:
- Classrooms,lecture halls,examination halls etc.
- Warehouses for storing food grains
- Marriage halls
- Best alternative to Tents and Shamianas,
- Mobile camps of any kind
- Pent houses( a room on roof tops )
- Farm houses
- Labour colonies
- Low lying areas
- Low cost houses for disaster affected areas viz earthquakes, floods etc.
Profits generated from this will go into further research and our welfare program, “Shelter for the shelter less”. For details please visit our website: http://gulbahao.org
Nargis Latif (managing trustee, Gul Bahao)