Gul Bahao is planning a mega event at the Karachi Press Club in the month of November which will be showcasing the various innovations developed by us. These are briefly:
- Chandi Technology – modular blocks which are inter convertible into a two storied house, light weight furniture (tables, chairs, beds etc ), water pond, reservoirs etc.
- Fuel packs for producing cheap electricity
- Safai/Kamai bank (a futuristic bank)
- Instant Compost…….. and many more
These innovations have received international recognition from the following:
- Italian, French , Indian and South Korean publications
- CNN,Voice of America,BBC, Zee t.v etc
- Clinton foundation, Ashoka Foundation
- UNDP, ILO,WSCC, Supreme court of India
- German nationals (including their consul general)
- Representative of United Nations ( Mr. Kingsley )
- Saarc conference held at Kathmandu in 2013
- Energy Globe Award……….and many more
Why are the innovations a “Gift from Karachi to the World”?. It may be remembered that Karachi is:
- One of the largest metropolises of the world
- It has a peculiar geography (desert like conditions with a relatively moderate climate)
- It is highly urbanized and modernized. These very conditions gave rise to the unique discoveries mentioned above
- Hundreds of educated Karachites (lecturers, professors, professionals like architects, engineers, business men, philanthropists etc) have donated in cash or kind (recyclable material which fetch a good price in the market ). Research demands money and this is where the finances came from. Secondly Karachi’s youth, especially its uneducated youth were responsible for: The physical development of the products including collection of the raw materials. The educated youth on the other hand may be credited for arranging seminars, writing theses, reports and media coverage. In short it has been a big movement spread over a period of 21 years and costing more than 8 crore rupees.
On the occasion we also plan to launch a book “Karachis Gift to the World”. The purpose of the book is manifold. To work on:
- Waste management and conserving the environment in order to prevent extreme climatic conditions of temperatures as well as rainfall, flooding etc.
- Disaster management
- To provide our youth and entrepreneurs with “Opportunities Unlimited” to make profits from minimum investment.
We would like you to consider sponsoring KARACHI’S GIFT TO THE WORLD an extremely valuable book according to the following rates:
- Full page – Rs.50,000 (fifty thousand)
- Half page – Rs.30,000(thirty thousand)
- Your organisations/institution’s name in the list of sponsors- Rs. 7,000 (seven thousand)
Your banners will also be displayed on the occasion. The event is expected to be attended by a large cross section of Karachi’s civil society including students, professionals, businessmen etc.
Waiting for an early reply,
Nargis Latif (managing trustee)