1. Rudimentary Structure (10’x12′)
Consists of a roof and floor (made of panaflex) and bamboo sticks, wall panels made up of aluminum foil and 8 was-tic blocks for the foundation. The roof would be inclined in order to let the rain pass through. The room size will be 10’x12′.
- Roof 10’x12′. Costs Rs 10/square foot— Rs. 1,200
- Floor 10’x12′ costs Rs 10/square foot— Rs. 1,200
- Bamboo sticks (best available in the market) — Rs. 600
- 4 wall panels (aluminum foil) —Rs. 400
- 8 was-tic blocks — Rs. 300
The cost of this rudimentary structure will come to around Rs. 3,500
2. Chandi Ghar (10’x12′)
- Consists of 10 columns of was-tic blocks 7 foot high.
- 6 large and 12 small size bamboo sticks (best available in the market).
- Panels made from either aluminum foil or panaflex panels, 3 in number
- 2 wall panels on the side of the entrance.
- 3 windows with a door opening of 3 feet
- 100 was-tic blocks at the rate of Rs. 40 per block — Rs. 4,000
- 1 roof — Rs. 1,200
- 1 floor — Rs. 1,200
- Panels made from aluminum foil — Rs. 1,500
- Panels made from panaflex — Rs. 4,000
- Bamboo sticks — Rs. 600
Total cost of Chandi Ghar — Rs. 8,500 (panels made from aluminum foil)
Total cost of Chandi Ghar — Rs. 11,000 (panels made from panaflex)
Additional cost of windows and doors 50% hence coast of Chandi Ghar including doors and windows will be Rs. 12750, Rs.16500 respectively.
Cost of sending skilled worker would be Rs .400 per day for two people